The ISHTA Restorative Approach – AnandMenza Restorative Training
20 hrs (Module 1) with Mona Anand and Gina Menza, New York, USA
28-30 April, 2017 in Stockholm
This training is for teachers, teacher trainees and students interested in delving deeper into restorative yoga and yoga nidra. As a student you will learn how to teach restorative yoga classes and how to incorporate restorative yoga into asana group classes and privates. You will learn how to develop a restorative home practice and how to apply it towards stress related illnesses.
About the training
This training will focus on developing practical skills. Trainees will work with fellow students to develop an “eye” to see physical misalignments and know how to adjust them. Trainees will be tuning into the subtle energetic field of their students, learn hands on adjustments, practice teach restorative poses and yoga nidra as well as experience two restorative classes, one with Gina and one with Mona.
The training will cover:
- the science behind restorative yoga and yoga nidra
- benefits and contraindications of key restorative poses
- how to work with a variety of props to set up key restorative poses for classes, privates, and home practice
- hands-on adjustments
- class sequencing
- how to design a restorative practice for specific ailments, such as anxiety, high blood pressure, grief, or asthma
- basic understanding of yoga nidra and the science behind it
- how to incorporate yoga nidra into your own home practice
- Essential oils
Yogiraj Mona Anand and ISHTA Senior teacher Gina Menza will be guiding you through this training. Both are ISHTA yoga teachers with many years of teaching behind them in various styles of yoga before finding a home in ISHTA.They are the founders and creators of AnandMenza Restorative training – The ISHTA yoga Approach.
Mona Anand is a yoga master in the ISHTA lineage and ISHTA Trainer in the 200-hour, 300-hour and ISHTA Masters Trainings. She has created her own Yoga Nidra Training and has worked with Alan Finger to develop the Ayurveda and Asana and Yoga Nidra material used in ISHTA Trainings. She has also created her signature workshop series: “Restorative/Yoga Nidra & the Chakras” and “Restorative/Yoga Nidra & Ayurveda”.
Gina Menza is a Senior ISHTA Teacher and A Specialty Lecturer in ISHTA trainings. She is the co-creator of the Anandamama Prenatal School and their trainings and designed and teaches all prenatal material used in ISHTA trainings. She is passionated about guiding women during their pregnancy with yoga as one of the tools.
Upcoming dates, prices & booking
For further information on the training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The training is taught in English
- You do not have to bring any props, however if you wish to bring your own mat, then please do so.
- You will be able to shower and leave your mat at the studio every day of the training.
- Lunch is not included.
As opposed to Yang Yoga, which focuses on activity and muscular strength, Yin Yoga is a mindful yoga practice for the fascia, targeting the connective tissue of the body through prolonged seated and reclining poses.